The principal roles of the Emirates Racing Authority Veterinary Department are:
- Design and implement practical and transparent procedures and systems to assist the management and administration of racing the in the UAE.
- Provide advice to the Board of the Emirates Racing Authority to assist the Board in fulfilling its role in the management and administration of racing in the United Arab Emirates.
- Safeguard the health and welfare of horses involved in racing in the UAE.
- Provide and supervise veterinary services and drug sample collections at all official race tracks in the UAE.
- Provide advice and support to the industry on veterinary and equine welfare matters.
- Provide expert advice to stewards and horseman at official judicial procedures.
- To represent the ERA and the UAE on various groups and committees related to veterinary and racing matters.